I embrace New Year’s as an opportunity for a fresh start and resolutions are a big part of this. I have a huge list this year so I’m categorizing.
Here are my 2010 New Year’s resolutions for taking care of my skin.
1. I will drink more water. It plumps up my skin with hydration and cleanses my system so that I don’t break out.
2. I will eat foods high in essential fatty acids and anti-oxidants and avoid wheat and dairy. Nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables are beauty foods – they give my skin a healthy glow.
3. I will moisturize morning and night with an organic cream (obviously Rosey Cheeks). Facial cream locks in moisture, protects skin, fights free-radical damage and supports functions such as collagen production.
4. I will drink more green tea. It is packed with polyphenols to keep skin wrinkle-free.
5. I will exfoliate. I will scrub my face in the morning with an upcoming Cocoon product (yes, we have a scrub being launced soon), or a facial brush or even a wash cloth. I will use a clay mask every 2 to 3 days to detox my pores. Exfoliating is almost equal to moisturizing for keeping skin young. It helps speed up skin cell turnover which tends to slow down with aging.
6. I will not squint or frown or raise my eyebrows. I know this sounds crazy but you can control these facial expressions. I will remember to wear sunglasses. I will smile more.
7. I will not worry or get stressed out as this can contribute to wrinkles. I will practice yoga and be mindful of where my thoughts are.
8. I will exercise outdoors daily. This delivers fresh oxygen and nutrients to skin.
I hope that everyone has a great 2010 full of healthy habits and free of crappy products!